Friday, September 13, 2013

The Art of...

...Keeping Ones Head Above Water.

~*~*~*~

Lately I feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above the raging waves. I put on a happy face, and keep trudging on.

No worries though, I won't be sticking my head in the oven...even if I wanted to, I can't {see below}.  

I just feel overwhelmed lately. I don't feel like I have enough hours in the day. This is a typical feeling for me {especially since I've become Mom}, but lately it's like I'm struggling to breathe. I'm barely getting the minimum done lately.

...and there is so much to do!!!

~*~*~*~

On a brighter note, I'm now officially a Stay at Home Mommy! :)  Well, I define myself as a Work at Home Mommy now. Once I have to shops back up and running into full functioning mode, I will feel more comfortable telling people that.

First things first, I must Fall clean my house. It's in such disrepair!

It's an interesting thing though, we paid off our house, and suddenly everything is breaking. BAH! My oven almost caught on fire yesterday...that was stellar! I had baked brownies {Sinful Brownies to be precise}for Nana Sally's birthday, and was almost finished baking Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake for B-Real to take to work {which he forgot to take this morning, of course}...I was sweeping the floors so I could then wash them {Chairman Meow had a full day of puking...all over the house}, and the coil in the bottom of the oven started to glow really bright, and then started to spark. I naturally freaked out, turned the oven off, flew open the door and was screaming obscenities.

What would've happened had I not been in there when it happened? How would I cook dinner tonight? Really, Really! The oven is dead! BAH!

Thankfully there was no fire, thankfully the entire oven isn't dead, and thankfully the broiler still works. :)

On a side note, I was scrubbing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees because my lovely steam mop broke about 3 months ago. Seriously?!?!

Our A/C unit has been screwed up {because one of B-Real's friends installed it...incorrectly...because he's a hack HVAC guy}, and we just got some leaks fixed {by a reputable plumber}, and now our oven needs a makeover, and our bathroom sink is leaking. POOP!

I just need to get through this weekend, and get through tomorrow's memorial service for my sister, and things will finally slow down.

~*~*~*~

That was a bit of ramble...but I only have so much time to get things done, and Squish will be up from her nap.

Coming up next week I will be finishing up the remaining food sub reviews, and there will be the starting of the '40 bags in 40 days' postings, plus I will have a couple DIY projects that I'm planning on knocking out.

Thanks for sticking through this absurd post! Sometimes I just gotta let it out...even if it's a ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment