Wednesday, September 25, 2013

{Blueberry French Toast} - Back in Action...

...well, sort of.

~*~*~*~

 



Here's the skinny on what's been going on around here {then I'll share the how to on the yummy deliciousness from above}.

Our house is torn apart...literally, there is crap everywhere. We moved our bedroom back upstairs, and will be sharing a combined office where our bedroom previously was. We have a "den" off the kitchen on the main level that has a wood burning stove {love}, and is gigantic. We've been using that as our bedroom for several years now {not so love - it was B-Real's idea}. There is little privacy since it's off the kitchen, and it's soooo hot in the winter, because of the wood stove.

There will be plenty of space to share an office with B-Real, but getting everything in there and organized will be a monumental task. We decided since we are moving everything that we'd shampoo the carpets and dust mite treat them {B-Real is severely allergic to dust mites, and let's face it the shampooing of the carpets was the OCD in me kicking in} while all the furniture was out of the rooms. I can't wait to have all this done...and then 3 months from now do it all over again {well, the dust mite treatment...not the moving of entire rooms}.

I forgot to mention - we are now waiting on more dust mite treatment stuff...which should have been here by now. That's why everything is STILL torn apart! BAH!

We are all suffering from "the ick" right now also. Thank you B-Real for bringing a cold home! YAY!! I have to admit though, it's been over 9 months since I've had a cold, so I won't complain...too much. ha! The last time I was sick I was nine months pregnant, and couldn't take anything for it. It was horrible...but I obviously survived.

So, moving on to the good stuff...that's why you're really here, right?!

~*~*~*~

If I would've had more time, there would be photos of the ingredients, photos of the process...etc. However, this was made {along with cornbread and breakfast casserole} while Squish was taking her afternoon nap.


Blueberry French Toast

1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
6 eggs
10 slices bread, cubed
1 cup frozen blueberries
3 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup pecans, chopped

* Grease 9 x 13" glass pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

* In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. I whisked the eggs together first, then added the remaining of the 8 ingredients.

* Add bread cubes and stir until thoroughly wet.

* Pour bread cubes mixture into pan. Top with blueberries, cream cheese, and pecans.

* Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


~*~*~*~

I don't remember where this recipe originally came from. I found it in my recipe box when digging out the breakfast casserole recipe. I had written out the card, and I've never made it until now.

It is delish! Not too sweet...a little tart from the blueberries, a little zing from the cream cheese, a little crunch from the pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment