Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh, Monday!

Monday...today, that word will be used as a swear word! ha!

I'm not a big fan of Mondays. I never really had a problem with them before, and then I had Squish. Now, Mondays mean that I have to get up early, pack all our bags, and drop her off at a babysitter. This isn't any different than the four other days a week that I have to do this, but it notes the beginning of this monotonous routine every week.

Me getting frustrated because I didn't get enough done over the weekend (because I wanted to spend quality time with my family), and having to rush to do it in the morning, and then getting even more frustrated because I feel guilty for not being with her. I've been back to work full-time now since she was about four weeks old...just thinking about getting called back into work early after delivery STILL makes me bitter.

...but nobody wants to hear me get my mama panties in a bunch! ha!

So instead, I'll share something that I stumbled upon (yes, this lovely Monday morning...when I should probably be doing something productive at work) on one of my favorite blogs The Paper Mama.

A Mother's Prayer for Her Daughter, by Tina Fey



I just keep telling myself that soon enough I will be with Squish more than just on the weekends. I'm going to be going part-time at work. I'm not exactly sure how many hours I will be working...but for now I'm holding on to that, this dreadful Monday morning.

How is everyone else's Monday? Anyone else out there have a 'case of the Mondays'??





No comments:

Post a Comment