Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Welcome to My World...

...it's a pretty exciting world indeed!

I know there is an 'About Me' section, but I thought I would do up a little post that was a little more in depth.

So let's play 20 questions { Scratch that...ain't nobody got time for 20 ?'s } 10 questions, shall we?

~*~*~*~

What are the basics?

My name is Jessica {  you can call me Jess...but NOT Jessie. ;)  }.  I'm 31 years old, live in a small farming community in Ohio, and share my life with an amazing partner named Jeff { a.k.a. 'B-Real' }, our fluffy hippie cat Oliver, and our newest addition Alexandria Grace { a.k.a. 'Squish' }.


What do you do?

This is kind of multi-faceted question for me.  My day job is working in the office of a construction equipment manufacturing company.  My dream job { and passion } is creating children's items, adult accessories, and home goods for my shops here and here.  My newest gig is being a FTM, which I love...and never realized would be the best job in the world. ;) 


What is your passion?

Being creative.  Being a new Mom. 


What are your shops all about?

Nutshell Farms is handmade home goods, pantry { edibles } items, adult accessories { hats/scarves/etc. }

Nutshell Farms Kids is handmade children's items such as: hats, scarves, toys, blankets, and room décor.


What is your 'Mama Style' like?

Well, this is going to sound pretty "crunchy, granola" to some of you...but here goes. I breastfeed, we cloth diaper, I make {almost } all of Squish's food, we are a selective vax home, I baby wear { well, I did when she would actually let me }, and we plan on homeschooling.

So, yeah...you will occasionally see some posts on here about the CD'ing, and baby food making.

{  * I do NOT discuss our vaccination choices with anyone, even family. *  }


What do you do for fun?

I like to do creative things, try new recipes/patterns/etc., visit with family & friends, and enjoy our time together with Squish.  We love going to the lake house in Northern Michigan...it's so relaxing up there.


If you could live anywhere in the USA, where would it be?

Either Northern Michigan, or Oregon. 


What are these "shenanigans" that B-Real gets into?

Unicycling, dirt bike trail riding, plane flying, chess enthusiast.  He also dabbles in wine making, gardening, raising chickens, and wants to learn how to sail.


Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
 
Hopefully, I'll have finished my RN degree, working in a wonderful oncology center, raising Squish { and possibly another child }, working on creating our dream home with B-Real, and living as simply and naturally as possible.  I want to make lasting meaningful memories for my child(ren)...just like I have from my childhood.
 
 
What will we see on this blog?
 
You will find tutorials, recipes, product reviews, giveaways, random ramblings, and snippets into our lives here at Nutshell Farms.



~*~*~*~

Well, I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me a little better.  If you ever have any burning questions, please feel free to ask.  I'm usually an open book about most things.

No comments:

Post a Comment