Monday, September 16, 2013

Conscious Box - Box Review - August 2013


Disclaimer: I received this box to review. All the opinions within this post are solely my own. I have not been compensated for my opinions.

Conscious Box is a monthly subscription box that focuses on eco-friendly products. They just recently added two new categories to choose from aside from their Classic box.

The Cost: $19.95 a month

The Goods: Eco-friendly products in every item {beauty, home, food, etc.} They offer 3 categories to choose from - Classic {the box I'm reviewing}, Vegan, and Gluten Free.

~*~*~*~


First look...box within a box. The practical {and snarky} side of me has a hard time wrapping my mind around this idea coming from an "eco-conscious" company. Just sayin'...

Info card

Second First look...at the box within the box. ;)


The Goods Lineup



Glu6 Craft Paste

{I'm pretty intrigued by this, and can't wait to try it out.}

Aroma Naturals Citronella Candle

{A citronella candle is a citronella candle...am I right??}




Acure 100% Organic Moroccan Argan Oil

{This had been partially open in the box, and leaked...that's my only complaint. I like Moroccan oil, and have one that I use on my hair. This can supposedly be used on elbows, hands, etc.}




Doctor's Best Suntheanine L-Theanine Caplets

{Yeah...I'm not into hinky "science based nutrition" pills that come in a subscription box. Just saying... I won't be taking these, but whatev...maybe they are miracle pills that I'll be missing out on. Can't miss something if you don't know it's there right?}



Barbara's Organic Snackimals Cereal in Vanilla Blast

{I haven't tried these yet, but they sound tasty.}

Barney Butter in Almond Butter

{I LOVE Almond butter, so anyone that sends me almond butter *looks to the blog viewers* will be in my heart forever! I scarfed this down at lunch the other day. Hey, there were no leftovers, and I threw this in my lunch pail with some fruit and veggies. It got me through.}





Goody Good Stuff Sour Fruit Salad Gummies

{These weren't bad...they weren't my favorite gummy that I've ever tried though. I did like all the different natural fruit and vegetable juices that are used to make these.}

Veggie Protein Dietary Supplement in Chocolate

{Again, I don't really do 'dietary supplements'. I'm breastfeeding, take vitamins, and I eat healthy...so I try to stay away from these sorts of things. I might try it some morning in a smoothie when an regular breakfast isn't an option.}



Holy moly that's some shiny packaging...these were a real bitch to photograph.
Quick Response Seeds Inc. Immunity Garden Seeds

{I really like these! I typically purchase all our seeds from Baker Creek Seed Company, but this was fun to get.}

D.I.Y. Mask Kits

{I'm drawing a blank on what company this is right now...I like the idea though, and will be trying these on a day that I get a free moment to do a mask...umm, maybe 3 years from now. ha!}




Smock Paper Co. Sympathy Card

{This card is REALLY nice. It's funny that they would send a Sympathy card in a box, and the timing was impeccable. My sister passed away around the same time that I received this box. Slightly eerie...but I digress.}

Conscious Box Postcard

{I don't know if they always include a postcard that has their advertising on it, but it's a clever way to spread the word about their company.}

~*~*~*~

The Lowdown: The box was a mixed bag for me, some of the items were a hit...while others fell a little flat {the supplements}. A neat way to find out about different eco-friendly products that are on the market. I'm interested to see what the Gluten Free & Vegan boxes look like.

Overall the value is good for these boxes, and I had not personally been introduced to any of these companies until this box. {The whole box within a box thing still has be scratching my head though.}

No comments:

Post a Comment